EDH Sunday Report: “Goddamnit my knees are cold!”
After twelve hours of gaming yesterday, the following conclusions were reached:
1. Never trust a the SLUG player.
2. There is a player crazy enough to not only sit through the first 2 hours of a 5-way FFA, but also the next 2-3 hours after three other players left to try and either get through my esper deck’s Eslepth’d 1.0 Emblem’d land control; or try to out durdle me.
3. I’ve played Maelstrom Wanderer so much, that I cast Engima Shpinx several times…and tried to cascade twice.
4. I should start calling my Hazezon deck “Wrath me once, shame on you. Wrath me twice, shame on me. Wrath me three times…wait, you’re out of wraths? Now you die.”
5. People are scared of Hydra Broodmaster, and rightfully so - yet, I’m still the only one playing this in my group.
6. A Scrambleverse happened, and a monowhite deck gained control of Pyromancy - I then killed the other half of the table, but couldn’t manage to kill the Slug player :(
7.Tony [sarcasm] - “[Joz] never lies.]
8. Eating only a moderate breakfast and some diabetes cakes a few hours later is not a good idea for a ~12 hour gaming session. Wearing shorts was an even worse decision.
9. I like lists.
10. Bant isn’t fun - not my own; or anyone else.
11. Helping [Colluding] with a Sharum player who Mind Slavered the guy in #2 to get rid of his Avacyn.
12. RTFC rubber-ink stamps are something I need to get - and start smashing people’s hands with it, and often.
13. Randomly casting Squelch for the card draw, “is a thing.”
14. The “I hate everything fun about this game” deck that went turn 1 Meekstone, into turn 2 Topor Orb, into turn 3 orb that all permanents enter tapped, into turn 4 Back to Basics…and no one could remove any of it, until I landed a Smah…and the player next to him playing UB Zombies Beacon’d it back into play right after >_<
15. Never trust the U/B player to make the game more fun.